Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Electron Configuration Battleship 8

  Today we played a very fun game called Electron Configuration Battleship. It allowed us to use our new knowledge of electron orbitals and the set-up of the periodic table to play the classic game of Battleship. It was actually very fun, though it did take a long time to name my targets because of the long list of orbitals that I had to recite. Here's my ship set-up!



It was quite the evil placement of my tiny ship, I know. 

Though it was challenging to have to list off all the orbitals every time I wanted to name a target, it definitely brought the concept home for me of how the periodic table is oriented. All the repetition of orbitals made me sure I won't forget them again!

And just for the record, I totally beat Jason.

No comments:

Post a Comment